ClickAider

Valve Boss Lets Off Steam About DRM

:astig:President of valve software Gabe Newell has said that he thinks the DRM on computer games is "just dumb". In email correspondence with a fan, Newell wrote that "The goal should be to create greater value for customers through service value (make it easy for me to play my games whenever and wherever I want to), not by decreasing the value of a product (maybe I'll be able to play my game and maybe I won't)... We really, really discourage other developers and publishers from using the broken DRM offerings, and in general there is a groundswell to abandon those approaches." Recent PC games - including Spore, Bioshock and Mass Effect - have caused outrage among gamers for refusing to work across multiple machines, even when uninstalled.
( www.theinquirer.net )

Source

0 comments:

Web Hosting
free counters